If you are wondering which budget hotel chain to go with, then let us give you a little inspiration. Some of these hotel chains operate pretty much Europe wide, whilst others are more concentrated in one zone (e.g. Western Europe). Let’s take a look at them:
1. Ibis – This chain has thousands of hotels all over Europe. And, they offer a rather uniform service, so you have the comfort of knowing exactly what you are going to get when you check in to an Ibis hotel, no matter which European country you are in.
2. Motel One: Situated in Germany, UK, Austria, and The Netherlands, this is a clean and comfortable chain offering great places to stay on a budget.
3. Best Western: Another US brand that has broken into Europe and is known for cheap, comfortable rooms.
4. Holiday Inn: Though this is originally a hotel chain from the US, it can be found in 33 countries throughout Europe. So, you will be able to count on finding a Holiday in plenty of places!
5. Premier Inn: Super cheap, comfortable and friendly!
6. Center Parcs: Cheap accommodation that is fun to stay in. Center Parcs is found in plenty of places in Western Europe, including the UK, Germany and The Netherlands. Center Parcs combines cheap accommodation with places to enjoy watersports and other games and is very family friendly.
7. Novotel: a cheap worldwide brand that can be found in 23 countries in Europe. Pure comfort.
8. Scandic: This chain is concentrated in the North of the continent and in Scandinavia. Scandic hotels are particularly cheap for families as they allow under 12s to stay for free. These cheap hotels are characterised by their stylish vibe.
9. Mercure: Slightly more expensive than other hotel chains on the list, but great if you want luxury that is still quite budget friendly.
10. Sol Hotels: Concentrated mainly round beaches, these hotels are great for cheap fun in the sun.