Stockholm Cheap Accommodation near Djurgården
Stockholm accommodations. We can offer you the cheapest hotel rates for accommodations close to museums, attraction park, historical buildings, monuments and galleries of Djurgarden Island in Stockholm Sweden.
Djurgården is a green island close to the city centre of Stockholm. The island is home to some of Stockholm's top museums, attractions, events, parks, as well as enjoyable cafés and restaurants. The island has more than 10 million visitors each year.
There is a large choice of accommodation situated on the island, or close by in Stockholm city centre. Hotels on Djurgården Island are located next to the Skansen Open-air Museum and Vasa Museum. Stockholm city centre is a 10-minute tram ride away from these hotels. An hotel set on the island is 4 star Scandic Hasselbacken.
Save Up to 80% on your reservation. Cheapest Stockholm Hotels, Book NOW !
Inexpensive deals for hotels
Special OFFERS ! Book now and save money. Search for Stockholm hotels in our database (see map), enter your travel dates and get the latest hotel deals. All places to stay listed are located within easy reach of Djurgarden Island.
Djurgården Island in Stockholm Sweden
Stockholm Vasa Museum -- The museum houses the Vasa, a wooden warship that sank in Stockholm Harbor during her maiden voyage in 1628. The Vasa Museum is one of the most popular attractions in Stockholm Sweden.
In August 1628, the ship set sail on her maiden voyage, however, a sudden gust of wind caused the ship to rock and water poured in though the open gun ports. The ship sank amazingly quickly, just 100 metres from the harbour. The sinking of the ship, which was intended to strengthen Sweden’s power in the Baltic region, was a humiliating blow to the king, who had been heavily involved with its building.
The ship lay at the bottom of the Baltic Sea for over 300 years until 1956, when Anders Franzén led a team to raise the vessel. The brackish waters of the Baltic do not contain certain wood destroying organisms found in the open sea and as a result, the ship was well preserved. The restored ship is an impressive sight and this museum is a must-see for anyone visiting Stockholm city. (www.vasamuseet.se)
Gröna Lund's Amusement Park -- is a family theme park founded in 1883 featuring 32 attractions, including seven roller coasters and the world’s highest Free Fall Tilt. It's also a popular venue for concerts during the summer. (www.gronalund.com)
Skansen -- is the world's oldest open air museum. It is founded in 1891. The museum displays cultural and historic buildings from all over Sweden, and boasts also a zoo with wild and domestic Nordic animals. Skansen also is the venue for traditional annual festivities such as the Christmas Market and folk dance events. (www.skansen.se)
More Landmarks and Sights on Djurgården Island
- Aquaria Water Museum - museum which displays a salmon ladder, an artificial rainforest and Nordic environments.
- Beckholmen - is an island containing maritime environments of historical interest, historical buildings and several dry docks.
- Biological Museum - museum displaying stuffed animals in artificial environments representing various typical Swedish landscapes. Built in 1893.
- Cirkus - offering concerts and musical comedies.
- Djurgarden line - heritage tramway operating since 1991.
- Djurgardsstaden - area preserving wooden buildings from the 18th century.
- Galarvarvet - popular park area which was formerly a naval dockyard. It includes the Vasa Museum and Junibacken.
- Isbladskarret - a scenic lake very popular among bird-watchers.
- Junibacken - children's museum devoted to Swedish children’s literature, but based mostly on the novels of Astrid Lindgren.
- Liljevalchs konsthall - art gallery built in 1916.
- Nordic Museum - Displaying the largest collection of social history items in Sweden.
- Rosendal Palace - Swedish royal pavilion built in 1823-27 by Charles XIV John for King Karl XIV Johan.
- Thielska galleriet - art gallery of the banker and collector Ernest Thiel (1859–1947) displaying the collection of late 19th century and early 20th century art and crafts.
- Waldemarsudde - museum displaying Swedish 19th and early 20th century paintings and sculptures. It was the former mansion of Prince Eugen.
- Villa Solbacken - Prince Bertil's former house.
- Blockhusudden - Prince Carl Philip's current home.
- Djurgårdsbrunn canal - nice area for walking
- Blockhusudden - easternmost tip of Djurgården in Stockholm. It was the site of a blockhouse to defend the entrance to Stockholm.
Cheap Hotel near Grona Lund Theme Park and Museums
Clarion Collection Hotel Karlaplan - ( Hotel located by Vasa Museum )
This design hotel makes the perfect choice for lovers of elegance, style and hospitality. All rooms feature refined interior design with Versace textiles, exclusive Jensen beds and Persian carpets.
Mornington Hotel Stockholm - ( Hotel located nr by the Vasa Museum )
The Mornington Hotel Stockholm City is located in a quiet yet central spot within easy reach of Stockholm's main tourist attractions, major shopping districts, restaurants and areas renowned for a...
Lord Nelson - ( Hotel near by Vasa Museum of Stockholm in Sweden )
This maritime and intimate hotel, named after Lord Nelson himself, is centrally located in the heart of Stockholm's Old Town and is perfect for those who appreciate comfort and a prime location.