Manchester Accommodations in Fallowfield District
Manchester Fallowfield places to stay. Huge discounts for lodging in the Fallowfield area in England UK. Special last minute deals for cheap and luxury hotels near University Campus.
Manchester Fallowfield is located south of Manchester city centre. The University of Manchester's main accommodation complex, the Fallowfield Campus, lies in this area.
There is a huge choice of great value hotels, charming b&b's, cheaper hostels or motels and apartments right in the heart of London. All major tourist attractions of London city centre are within easy reach of these hotels.
UNI Campus - Owens Park
Manchester Fallowfield is a lively and dynamic district due to the large number of temporary student residents within the area. A large number of shops, restaurants, pubs, bars, and cafes can be found in the area.
The largest of the residential campuses of The University of Manchester is located in this district and is called the Fallowfield Campus. The Campus lies 2 miles south of the main university campus called the Oxford Road Campus.
The campus includes the Owens Park complex, a large hall of residence for over 1,000 university students. The Armitage Centre, one of the University’s two sports venues, is located within campus grounds. It offers football, rugby, hockey and cricket pitches, squash and badminton courts, fitness classes and much more.
Fallowfield Campus Facilities
- The Armitage Centre – a sport centre and sports grounds (named after Sir Arthur Armitage, a former Vice-Chancellor)
- Chancellors – a year-round conference centre and hotel, which is owned by the university
- Firs Botanical Experimental Grounds
- Allen Hall – a hall on Wilmslow Road, Rusholme with 120 residents, a quarter of a mile (0.4 km) north of Ashburne Hall
- Ashburne Hall and Sheavyn House – on Old Hall Lane / Wilmslow Road to the north of Owens Park
- Firs Villa (The) – near Chancellors Hotel and Conference Centre
- Ladybarn House – a new building in the centre of Fallowfield
- Linton House
- Oak House – the largest complex, with nearly 1100 residents
- Owens Park – large complex with just over 1000 residents, with the 200 ft (61 m) high landmark tower
- Richmond Park – new complex to the east of Whitworth Lane and Owens Park, comprising Poplar Court and Willow Court.
- Woolton Hall – at Carill Drive off Moseley Road in the south-east of the Fallowfield Campus and accommodating around 180 undergraduates and 20 postgraduates (the hall was named after Lord Woolton and opened in 1959)
Luther King House - ( Hotel near Manchester Fallowfield UK City Centre )
This college and conference venue is set in 2 acres of landscaped gardens in a tree-lined suburb just outside the city centre.
Best Western Willowbank Hotel Manchester - ( Hotel near Fallowfield )
Refurbished in 2007, the hotel has great access to the region’s major roads, free secure car parking and a convenient location within easy reach of the city centre and airport.
Chancellors Hotel - ( Hotel located close to the city centre of Fallowfield )
Situated 10 minutes from Manchester City Centre, with easy access to major motorway networks and central train stations.